Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the race being held?
The race is being held at Cheadle Lake Park in Lebanon, Oregon. The start and finish line will be located on Weirich Drive at Cheadle Lake Park. The half marathon will follow the river along Berlin Rd heading toward Mallard Creek Golf Course to Waterloo, cross the bridge and return on River Rd. heading north to the north end of Cheadle Lake. The 8K will follow the river along River Dr and meet up with the half marathoners at Weirich Dr.
2. What time does the race begin?
The half marathon begins at 9:00 am. The 8K will begin before 10 (exact time TBD)
3. How much are the race entries?
Half marathon race entry fee is $55 April 1st through May 31st, $65 June 1st through August 31st, $75 September 1 through October 4th and $85 until October 12th at 11:59 pm. Tech shirts are guaranteed with through October 9th. Each Half Marathon registrant will also receive a reusable goodie bag filled with gifts and coupons, a coupon to the beer garden (don’t forget to bring your i.d.–good only for participants over 21 years of age), and a finisher’s medal.
8K race entry fee is $35 April 1st through May 31st, $40 June 1st through August 31st, $45 September 1 through October 4th and $50 until October 12th at 11:59 pm. Tech shirts are guaranteed with through October 9th. Each registrant will also receive a reusable goodie bag. with this sentence: Each 8K registrant will also receive a reusable bag that can be filled with giveaway items from race vendors, and a coupon to the beer garden (don’t forget to bring your i.d.–good only for participants over 21 years of age).
Online registrations only. No refunds, transfers or exchanges.
4. Are refunds available?
Your race entry fee is non-refundable and bib-numbers are not transferable to other runners or years. No exceptions!
5. How many runners/walkers can enter?
The limit is 1,500
6. Can walkers register for the half marathon and 8K?
Yes, but there is a 4.5 hour time limit. That translates into a 20 minute and 38 second per mile pace (just under 3 miles per hour).
7. Is this a chip-timed race?
Yes! The start and finish line will be managed by Rogue Multi-Sport .
8. Do I need to complete the course by a specific time?
Yes, runners and walkers will need to complete the course in 4.5 hours or less.
9. How do I register?
Click the link below. There will be NO day of race registrations.
10. Is online registration secure?
11. How can I verify that I am officially registered?
After registering online, you will receive an email confirmation. You can also confirm your registration here.
If you have further questions about registrations, contact us!
12. What sort of race day activities will be offered?
Since this is close to Halloween weekend, we are encouraging costumes, particularly pumpkin costumes. Not only will it make for a great photo, we will have prizes for best costumes! For all costume contest details, go here!
Packet Pick-Up Information:
1. Is it mandatory to pick up my race packet?
Yes, you need to have a bib and a chip if you want to participate.
2. Where and when can I pick up my packet?
Packet pick up will be held on Friday the 14th at Phoenix Inn & Suites in Albany from 4 – 8pm. Not sure how to get there? Just put your address here! Race day packet pick up will be held at Cheadle Lake Park before the race begins.
3. What do I need to bring with me when I pick up my packet?
4. Can someone else pick up my packet?
Yes, we try to keep things runner-friendly!
5. Can I pick up my packet on race day?
Yes, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., but we strongly encourage you to pick them up on Friday.
6. If I can’t run can I pick up my T-shirt?
Yes, at packet pick-up, but no finishers medal.
Race Day Information:
1. Where is parking on the day of the race?
All parking is at Cheadle Lake Park on Weirich Drive.
2. Are wheelchairs allowed in the race?
Yes, but we don’t have a special wheel chair division. Please contact us if you plan on participating with a wheelchair.
3. Are baby joggers/strollers allowed on the course?
Yes, but no matter what your goal pace is, you must start at the absolute back of the pack.
4. Are animals allowed on the course?
No, the only exception is for guide/service dogs.
5. Are un-registered friends/family allowed on the course?
No, everyone on the course must be registered.
6. Will there be portable restrooms?
Yes, restrooms will be located at the start/finish area and at 7 aid stations.
7. Are ipods or headphones allowed?
Yes, if you choose to wear one, please keep volume low so you can be aware of other runners and course monitors.
8. Will there be post-race food available?
Yes, there will be a wide variety of delicious food after the race!
9. What aid is available on the course?
Water, restrooms, bandaids, and vaseline will be available at all aid stations.
10. Where do I return my timing chip?
Your timing chip is on your bib, so no need to return it!
Jogger Stroller Etiquette:
1. We allow jogger stroller usage with the understanding that you are fully responsible for your child.
2. You need to be certain that your child will be able to sit still for 2-4 hours.
3. You are required to start the race behind EVERYONE else, no matter your pace. This is chip timed, so it doesn’t matter when you cross the start line.
4. Children must stay in the jogger at ALL times, unless using a portable toilet. (Must park jogger off of course)
5. No blocking the road or path, always stay to the right so others can pass easily.
You must be present to win. Runaway Pumpkin and ABC House will not be mailing awards.
1. Our top male and female finishers will each receive a $250 gift card from Lowe’s, Top finisher Award and a free entry into next year’s race.
2. The youngest and oldest finishers will receive special recognition.
3. There will be awards for the top 3 finishers in each male and female classes, for the following age groups:
14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+, 75+
Do you have an unanswered question? Ask Tammy for help!